Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Dell's Date of Shipping

As I wrote in the last post, I ordered a nice monitor from Dell. It's the new 24" model and they had a good introductory offer so I thought 'what the hell' and ordered it.

That was the 21st of March and Dell's ordering system told me that the shipping would be in 8 to 11 days.

Today I checked the status of my order on their site and it told me that my monitor was 'in production'. The order date was given correctly as '03/21/2005/'.

The shipping date, however, was '05/04/2005'. That is about 5 weeks later than the original shipping date.

There are two possibilities here.

The first one is that, as I ordered the monitor with the german branch of Dell, somehow the german notation for dates was mixed up with the american notation in Dell's order status system. In that case the shipping date would be the 5th of April, which would be fine.

The alternative possibility is that Dell just changed the shipping date without feeling the need of telling me about it unless I checked the date for myself on a regular basis.

Interestingly enough Dell's US site states 'Usually Ships: 3+ Weeks' now, while the german site states not a shipping time but a delivery time of 5 to 7 days now.

Well I just wrote an email and asked them if it's just the ordering system that sucks or if it's Dell itself. I'm looking forward to their answer.


Take care,

Steff

2 Comments:

At 10:01, Anonymous Dirk said...

From my, albeit small, experience with Dell, their shipping dates are normally correct on the order page. So maybe this was an excemption to that. Anyway, having to wait this long for such a nice toy sucks.

 
At 05:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John, hope all is well with your sales jobs search.
Maybe you can find finance jobs or engineering jobs at www.directmatch4free.com
Just make sure you come back to this site to let us know how you are doing in finding the 'it jobs" your looking for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home